This protocol is based on the recommendations of international organizations to launch the educational process. It considers the general guidance of the World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The protocol may be revised and amended under changes in the general guidelines for measures to prevent the spread of SARS_CoV_2 (Covid-19). All changes and additions will be announced immediately before the educational process.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Instructions for preventing the spread of the virus and rules for staying in the study place should be posted in all classrooms and locations of participants (practices for maintaining physical distance between participants, instructions for detecting symptoms and signs of the disease, etc.).
- Instructions to prevent the spread of the virus should be posted in all public areas: lobbies, stairwells, elevators, meeting rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and more.
- Heads and managers of educational programs must personally present the new rules of organization of the educational process immediately before the educational process.
- All instructions and rules of being at the study place and other necessary information will be passed to the heads and managers of educational programs, as well as additionally published by the UCU means of communication.
- Participants who feel unwell, have a fever, or have other signs of respiratory illness will not be allowed to study in the classroom and will be able to join the synchronous or asynchronous educational process online.
- Participants who are not vaccinated but are at risk (over 60 years of age or have cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory disease, lung disease) are recommended temporarily to study remotely.
- In the case of studying in the classroom or the tent outdoors, the heads of educational programs and employees of relevant deans/departments in cooperation with thrifty structures must organize the studying space per a prepared schedule to ensure the requirement of physical distance between desks at least 1.5 -2 m.
- All study surfaces (tables, seats) must be disinfected before the classes.
VENTILATION OF STUDY PREMISES
Natural ventilation of classrooms must be carried out before, during breaks, and after classes for at least 10 minutes (at least once every 2 hours). In favorable weather conditions, it is recommended to open the windows during lessons with the front door closed.
The educational process will depend on which of the epidemiological zones Lviv is in and the situation with diseases in the UCU community.
IN THE CASE OF BEING IN THE GREEN / YELLOW ZONE, priority should be given to the live educational process, considering the requirements for social distance, but with the possibility of more than 20 people in the classroom. Physical attendance is mandatory for all higher education students unless the class is conducted using distance learning technology. Higher education students are not isolated or ill, which a medical certificate must confirm. In the case of chronic diseases that increase the risk of illness or severe coronavirus transmission, secured by a medical certificate, applicants for higher education, in agreement with the dean of the faculty, can stay at remote studying, using resources of the UCU e-studying system through available means of remote communication ( MS Teams, Zoom, etc.).
IN THE CASE OF STAYING IN THE ORANGE ZONE, priority should be given to the hybrid educational format, considering the requirements for social distance with the possibility of staying in classrooms of up to 20 people. Under such conditions, participants in the educational process can choose to join the classes (remotely or on the premises of UCU), which the participants consider the safest for themselves. Lessons in classrooms should be provided by online broadcasting (synchronous study process) and using the resources of the electronic support system of the UCU educational process through available means of remote communication (MS Teams, Zoom, etc.).
IN THE CASE OF BEING IN THE RED ZONE, priority should be given to remote educational processes (synchronous or asynchronous studying) using the resources of the electronic support system of the UCU educational process through available means of remote communication (MS Teams, Zoom, etc.). Live studying on campus is only possible if remote learning is not possible.
Every day, professors and students have to check their temperature before going to campus. If the measurement reveals a body temperature above 37.2 C or signs of respiratory diseases, professors and students are not allowed to teach and study on UCU premises (instead, they must isolate themselves, see a doctor and organize the educational process remotely).
- Restrictions on the simultaneous presence of people are set in the classrooms according to the physical distance requirements. Locations in classrooms must be determined; the duration of one lesson should not exceed 90 minutes. Then it is necessary to ventilate the room naturally.
- Indoor professors and students/postgraduates must use personal protective equipment, such as a protective mask, and adhere to a standart social distance.
IN THE TENT:
- There are restrictions on the simultaneous stay of people in the tent, according to the physical distance requirements. Locations in the tent must be determined; the duration of one lesson should not exceed 90 minutes.
- The distance between the professor and the students must be at least 2 meters. If the appropriate distance between the professor and the participants is not provided, the teacher must use personal protective equipment.
Furniture in classrooms and premises must be placed following the rules of physical distance and disinfected with antiseptics. When using a tent, tables and chairs should be set per the rules of social space and disinfected with antiseptics.
USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT AND DISINFECTION
- Electronic thermometers should be placed at the entrance to the building, auditorium, or tent. All participants of the educational process must measure their temperature at the entrance to the room/tent. Suppose the body temperature above 37.2 C was detected during the measurement. In that case, they are not allowed to teach and study on UCU premises (instead, they must isolate themselves, consult with a doctor and organize the educational process remotely).
- At the entrances to the building, premises, and tents, in places of large crowds, places are organized for the sanitizing hands with alcohol-containing antiseptics.
- Access of participants to the educational process is carried out under the condition of wearing a protective mask / respirator so that the nose and mouth are covered.
- The use of protective masks in the classroom and all public areas (lobbies, stairwells, elevators, meeting rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.) on the studying site is mandatory.
- Protective masks should be changed every 3 hours or if the mask is dirty/wet.
- The use of disposable gloves is possible at the request of participants in the educational process.
- Dumps for used personal protective equipment (protective masks, disposable gloves, paper napkins) with subsequent disposal should be installed in all university buildings.
- Housekeeping department should disinfect the surfaces (door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, etc.) every 2-3 hours during the working day.
- At the end of the study day, all participants of the educational process must clear the studying desks for daily disinfection by the staff of the thrifty department.
MOVEMENT ON THE TERRITORY AND BUILDINGS OF THE UNIVERSITY
- It is recommended to move around the territory and buildings of the university clockwise. The organization of pedestrian flows will reduce the crossings of pedestrian paths and optional/accidental contacts between participants in different programs.
- It is recommended to limit the movement of the educational building only to the necessary classrooms, bathrooms, and common areas.
- It is recommended to separate the entrance and exit, to use more actively the evacuation stairwells (introduction of the practice of climbing up the central stairwell, down – the evacuation stairs).
- One person is allowed in the elevators.
- Relevant recommendations and rules will be posted on the territory and in all buildings of the university.
ACTIONS IN CASE OF NON-COMPLIANCE WITH SANITARY REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROTOCOL
- In case of violation or non-compliance with the requirements prescribed by this protocol, university staff may pay attention and request compliance with a provision of this protocol.
- In case of refusal of students to comply with the norm prescribed by the protocol, the university staff reserves the right to ask students to leave the place of study.
- The use of circulating cooling and heating fans (fan heaters) is prohibited in all university premises.
- All bathrooms, kitchens, utility rooms should be equipped with liquid soap dispensers and paper towels instead of tumble dryers.