Semester Abroad Call for participation in the international student mobility program at the University of Notre Dame (the USA)
(Spring semester, the Academic year 2022-2023)
Deadline for applications – 6th of October 2022
Applicants for international student mobility programs are required to:
Meet the following criteria:
- To be a student of one of the full-time educational UCU programs in:
BA (all programs are allowed to participate) 2-4 years of study;
MA (Clinical Psychology, STL in Theology) 2nd year of study;
PhD (History, Theology) 3rd and 4th year of study;
- to have a valid international passport;
- cumulative grade point average has to be at least 83, and no academic debts are required;
- to speak the English language at least at the C1 level (an international language proficiency certificate is required);
- to confirm the ability to study in courses with an Engish language of instruction (confirmation of obtaining credits for at least two courses with the English language of instruction at UCU, participation in summer/winter schools (except language) or online courses on online learning platforms (Coursera, Prometheus, etc.));
- to be an active member of the UCU community (participation in student organizations, language clubs, scientific seminars, meetings with UCU guests, etc.) and be actively involved in the formation program at the University of Notre Dame, which will be organized by UCU administration;
Every UCU student is allowed to participate in the program only once per cycle of study (once during the bachelor’s period, once during the master’s program).
IMPORTANTLY! If a student plans to participate in an international student mobility program during the last semester of his/ her studies (the so-called “graduation semester”) within the bachelor’s or master’s degree at UCU, he/she must obtain written approval from the program director and the dean of the particular faculty. The agreement must be attached to the student’s package of documents for the competition.
Prepare the following documents by the established deadline:
- Online application form;
- CV in Europass format;
- motivation letter in English with an explanation of your choice (up to 1 page);
- a copy of the first page of your international passport. Please make sure that your international passport is still valid (the passport has to be valid for the duration of the planned stay in the USA.);
- transcript of records in English (can be ordered and received in the Department of student documentation – room № 214 of the academic building of UCU at Sventsitskoho street, 17);
- confirmation of attending at least two disciplinary courses with the English language of instruction (if these are UCU courses – it is enough to highlight them in the transcript of records, otherwise – provide certificates or screenshots from the personal account of the online educational platforms (for example Coursera, Prometheus)).
- international certificate of foreign language proficiency (e.g.TOEFL / IELTS (minimum score – 7.0) / DuoLingo (minimum score – 115 for BA students, 120 for MA and PhD students);
IMPORTANTLY!. Please, keep in mind that the international certificates are valid for two years. That is, if you passed the test in 2019, then such a certificate is no longer valid.
While applying, students are encouraged to look through the official website of the University of Notre Dame and, in particular, through the course catalogue:
Course catalogue – https://registrar.nd.edu/courses-classrooms/courses/
Class search – https://registrar.nd.edu/courses-classrooms/class-search
Male students are also invited to participate in the competition under the above conditions. However, if the situation with russian aggression in Ukraine does not change by then, we will be obliged to act in accordance with Ukrainian law.
The one-semester scholarship covers the following expenses:
- tuition fee
- accommodation on campus
- meal plan for one semester
- travel expenses
- health insurance
Number of stipends: 20
IMPORTANTLY! Students are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
Incomplete packages of documents or applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.