Semester Abroad Call for participation in international student mobility programs (Fall semester, the Academic year 2023-2024)
Deadline for applications – March 26, 2023, 23:59
Applicants for international student mobility programs are required to:
- Choose a university from the list of proposals.
- Please look carefully through the website of the university you want to apply to (check the list of courses with the English language of instruction, the Academic calendar, and the structure of the program).
- IMPORTANTLY! If a student chooses several foreign universities, he/she has to submit a separate package of documents for each of them. One student can apply to a maximum of three universities.
Meet the following criteria:
- to be a student of one of the full-time educational UCU programs ( 2-5 years of study);
- to have a valid international passport;
- an average study score has to be at least 80, no academic debts are required;
- to speak a foreign language (English, German, Polish, etc.) at least at the B2 level;
- to confirm the ability to study in courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (confirmation of obtaining credits for at least two courses with the English language of instruction at UCU, participation in summer/winter schools (except language) or online courses on online learning platforms (Coursera, Prometheus, etc.));
- to be an active member of the UCU community (participation in student organizations, language clubs, scientific seminars, meetings with UCU guests, etc.);
- due to Martial law restrictions in Ukraine, only female students are eligible to apply;
- students should get an approval from the head of their educational program concerning their participation in the contest;
Every UCU student has the right to participate in the program only once per cycle of study (once during the bachelor’s period, once during the master’s program).
IMPORTANTLY! Students cannot participate in the international academic mobility program during the last semester of his/ her studies (the so-called “graduation semester”) within the bachelor’s or master’s degree at UCU.
Prepare the following documents by the established deadline:
- Online application form;
- CV in Europass format;
- motivation letter in English with an explanation of your choice (up to 1 page);
- A copy of the first page of your international passport. Please make sure that your international passport is still valid;
- transcript of records in English (can be ordered and received in the Department of student documentation – room № 214 of the academic building of UCU at Sventsitskoho street, 17);
- confirmation of attending at least two disciplinary courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (if these are UCU courses – it is enough to highlight them in the transcript of records, otherwise – provide certificates or screenshots from the personal account of the online educational platforms (for example Coursera, Prometheus));
- Proof of Language Proficiency (English, German, Polish, etc.):
- Certificate of the UCU English Summer School (ESS) for 2019-2021;
- To test the level of foreign language proficiency at the UCU Center for Foreign Modern Languages. Please register for the test at the following link. The registration deadline is March 19, 23:59. The test will take about an hour.
- International certificate of foreign language proficiency (e.g., TOEFL / IELTS / DuoLingo / DaF);
IMPORTANTLY! Valid TOEFL test result (Paper-based: 550 (no component score less than 50); Computer-based: 213 (no component score less than 17); Internet-based: 80 (no component score less than 19) or IELTS (6.5 (no individual rating less than 6.0)) will be an advantage in the competitive selection process for a semester abroad studies. Please, keep in mind that the international certificates are valid for two years. That is, if you passed the test in 2019, then such a certificate is no longer valid.
IMPORTANTLY! Students are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
Incomplete packages of documents or applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.