Semester Abroad Call for participation in international student mobility programs
(Fall semester, the Academic year 2021-2022)
Deadline for applications – February 25, 2021, 23:59
Applicants for international student mobility programs are required to:
- Choose a university from the list of proposals.
IMPORTANTLY! If a student chooses several foreign universities, he/she has to submit a separate package of documents for each of them. One student can apply to a maximum of three universities.
- Meet the following criteria:
- to be a student of one of the full-time educational UCU programs ( 2-5 years of study);
- to have a valid international passport;
- an average study score has to be at least 80, no academic debts are required;
- to speak a foreign language (English, German, Polish, etc.) at least at the B2 level;
- to confirm the ability to study in courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (confirmation of obtaining credits for at least two courses with the English language of instruction at UCU, participation in summer/winter schools (except language) or online courses on online learning platforms (Coursera, Prometheus, etc.));
- to be an active member of the UCU community (participation in student organizations, language clubs, scientific seminars, meetings with UCU guests, etc.);
Every UCU student has the right to participate in the program only once per cycle of study (once during the bachelor’s period, once during the master’s program).
IMPORTANTLY! If a student plans to participate in an international student mobility program during the last semester of his/ her studies (the so-called “graduation semester”) within the bachelor’s or master’s degree at UCU, he/she must obtain written approval from the head of the curriculum and the dean of the particular faculty. The agreement must be attached to the student’s package of documents for competition.
Prepare the following documents to the established deadline:
- Online application form;
- CV in Europass format;
- motivation letter in English with an explanation of your choice (up to 1 page);
- a copy of the first page of your international passport;
- transcript of records in English (can be ordered and received in the Department of student documentation – room № 214 of the academic building of UCU at Sventsitskoho street, 17);
- confirmation of attending at least two disciplinary courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (if these are UCU courses – it is enough to highlight them in the transcript of records, otherwise – provide certificates or screenshots from the personal account of the online educational platforms (for example Coursera, Prometheus));
- Proof of Language Proficiency (English, German, Polish, etc.):
- certificate of the UCU English Summer School (ESS) for 2018-2020;
- certificate from a foreign language teacher at UCU with a certain level of proficiency in this language;
- international certificate of foreign language proficiency (e.g.TOEFL / IELTS / DuoLingo / DaF);
IMPORTANTLY! Students who have UCU Summer English Language School (ESS) certificate for 2018-2020 must apply to the UCU Center for Modern Foreign Languages and receive confirmation of their level of English following the scores specified in the certificate. To obtain the appropriate approval, please register by 10:00 AM, Monday, February 22, 2021.
Upon completion of registration, students will be informed when and where they can obtain proof of English language proficiency.
IMPORTANTLY! Valid TOEFL test result (Paper-based: 550 (no component score less than 50); Computer-based: 213 (no component score less than 17); Internet-based: 80 (no component score less than 19) or IELTS (6.5 (no individual rating less than 6.0)) will be an advantage in the competitive selection process for a semester abroad studies.
Round I – reviewing applications until March 1, 2021. Please read the Requirements and Selection Procedure for Applicants.
Round II – conducting interviews in a foreign language – from March 2 to March 5, 2021. Please read the Interview Evaluation Criteria.
Announcement of preliminary results – until March 9, 2021.
Round III – nomination procedure for exchange students.
Preparation for study abroad.
IMPORTANTLY! Students are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
Incomplete packages of documents or applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.