Semester Abroad Call for participation in international student mobility programs
(Summer semester, the Academic year 2022-2023)
Deadline for applications – February 26, 2023, 23:59
The number of scholarships: 5 (covered by the Erasmus+ program – 1100 EUR/month)
Applicants for international student mobility programs are required to:
Meet the following criteria:
- to be a student of the UCU Ethics-Politics-Economics program (2-3 years of study);
- to have a valid international passport;
- an average study score has to be at least 80, no academic debts are required;
- to speak a foreign language (English, German etc.) at least at the B2 level;
- to confirm the ability to study in courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (confirmation of obtaining credits for at least two courses with the English language of instruction at UCU, participation in summer/winter schools (except language) or online courses on online learning platforms (Coursera, Prometheus, etc.));
- to be an active member of the UCU community (participation in student organizations, language clubs, scientific seminars, meetings with UCU guests, etc.);
- due to Martial law restrictions in Ukraine, only female students are eligible to apply;
Every UCU student has the right to participate in the program only once per cycle of study (once during the bachelor’s period, once during the master’s program).
Prepare the following documents to the established deadline:
- Online application form;
- CV in Europass format;
- motivation letter in English with an explanation of your intent (up to 1 page);
- a copy of the first page of your international passport;
- transcript of records in English (can be ordered and received in the Department of student documentation – room № 214 of the academic building of UCU at Sventsitskoho street, 17);
- confirmation of attending at least two disciplinary courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (if these are UCU courses – it is enough to highlight them in the transcript of records, otherwise – provide certificates or screenshots from the personal account of the online educational platforms (for example Coursera, Prometheus));
- Proof of Language Proficiency (English, German, Polish, etc.):
- certificate of the UCU English Summer School (ESS) for 2018-2022;
- international certificate of foreign language proficiency (e.g.TOEFL / IELTS / DuoLingo / DaF);
- to test the level of foreign language proficiency at the UCU Center for Foreign Modern Languages. Please register for the test at the following link. The registration deadline is February 20th, 15:00. The test will take about an hour. You will get the details about the test after the 20th of February.
IMPORTANTLY! Valid TOEFL test result (Paper-based: 550 (no component score less than 50); Computer-based: 213 (no component score less than 17); Internet-based: 80 (no component score less than 19) or IELTS (6.5 (no individual rating less than 6.0)) will be an advantage in the competitive selection process for a semester abroad studies.
IMPORTANTLY! Students are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
Incomplete packages of documents or applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.
IMPORTANTLY! Please note that the UCU International Office can only recommend a student, but the administration of the University of Bayreuth will make the final decision.
By following this link, you can find more information about the educational process at University of Bayreuth : https://www.europa-uni.de/en/internationales/Students/Incomings/index.html
The cooperation between our universities is on the basis of Philosophy and Economics, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Academic calendar: https://www.uni-bayreuth.de/en/academic-year#20567c06 – 01/04/2023 – 21/07/2023