Additional Semester Abroad Call for participation in international student mobility program at
the Otto Friedrich-University Bamberg (Fall semester, the Academic year 2021-2022)
Deadline for applications – June 13th, 2021, 23:59
The number of scholarships: 2 (covered by Erasmus+ program)
Applicants for international student mobility programs are required to:
- Meet the following criteria:
- to be a student of the UCU Sociology, Psychology, Philology, Computer Science, IT and business analytics program (2-4 years of study);
- to have a valid international passport;
- an average study score has to be at least 80, no academic debts are required;
- to speak a foreign language (English, German etc.) at least at the B2 level;
- to confirm the ability to study in courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (confirmation of obtaining credits for at least two courses with the English language of instruction at UCU, participation in summer/winter schools (except language) or online courses on online learning platforms (Coursera, Prometheus, etc.));
- to be an active member of the UCU community (participation in student organizations, language clubs, scientific seminars, meetings with UCU guests, etc.);
A good level of German language proficiency will be considered a significant advantage in the selection.
Every UCU student has the right to participate in the program only once per cycle of study (once during the bachelor’s period, once during the master’s program).
IMPORTANTLY! If a student plans to participate in an international student mobility program during the last semester of his/ her studies (the so-called “graduation semester”) within the bachelor’s or master’s degree at UCU, he/she must obtain written approval from the head of the curriculum and the dean of the particular faculty. The agreement must be attached to the student’s package of documents for the competition.
Prepare the following documents to the established deadline:
- Online application form;
- CV in Europass format;
- motivation letter in English with an explanation of your choice (up to 1 page);
- a copy of the first page of your international passport;
- transcript of records in English (can be ordered and received in the Department of student documentation – room № 214 of the academic building of UCU at Sventsitskoho street, 17);
- confirmation of attending at least two disciplinary courses with a foreign (English, German, Polish, etc.) language of instruction (if these are UCU courses – it is enough to highlight them in the transcript of records, otherwise – provide certificates or screenshots from the personal account of the online educational platforms (for example Coursera, Prometheus));
- Proof of Language Proficiency (English, German, Polish, etc.):
- certificate from a foreign language teacher at UCU with a certain level of proficiency in this language;
- international certificate of foreign language proficiency (e.g.TOEFL / IELTS / DuoLingo / DaF);
IMPORTANTLY! Valid TOEFL test result (Paper-based: 550 (no component score less than 50); Computer-based: 213 (no component score less than 17); Internet-based: 80 (no component score less than 19) or IELTS (6.5 (no individual rating less than 6.0)) will be an advantage in the competitive selection process for a semester abroad studies.
IMPORTANTLY! Students are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
Incomplete packages of documents or applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.
IMPORTANTLY! Please note that the UCU International Office can only recommend a student, but the administration of Otto-Friedrich-University Bamberg will make the final decision.
By following this link, you can find more information about the educational process at Bamberg University: https://www.uni-bamberg.de/en/studies/exchange-students-eg-erasmus/how-do-i-apply/