CATHOLIC UNIVERSITIES COLLABORATION PROGRAM (CUCP)
Call for Applications – 2020
The Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU) announces a competition among its faculty members and other academic staff to conduct collective projects/activities inspired by the Catholic understanding of and coping with urgent global or regional problems in collaboration with their counterparts from other Catholic Universities. UCU aims to enhance its integration into the global network of Catholic higher education institutions through developing faculty leadership potential in the international academic area and leading inter-institutional research activities and international projects.
The CUCP offers 8 grants for selected collaboration projects to support their activities in Spring and Fall Semesters of 2020 year. Projects should be short and focused on activities with concrete results to be produced within a 12-month time frame. The grants are designated for covering costs of housing, travel, per diem (defined by UCU regulations), conducting scholarly events, etc. and do not imply faculty honoraria. The size of each grant cannot exceed 1500 EUR (including taxes). If the project implies both the visit of UCU faculty to the partner university and the partner’s visit to UCU, one could apply with a joint grant combining 2 Collaboration Projects with the amount of 3000 EUR (including taxes). Applicants can choose their counterparts from partner Catholic universities , Catholic Universities Partnership (CUP) or from other Catholic universities-members of the International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU-FIUC) and European Federation of Catholic Universities (FUCE).
The projects can include, but not limited to:
- Incoming and outgoing mobility options for UCU faculty and his/her counterpart from a partner university with the aim of lecturing (in English), development of the joint course and teaching materials (up to 2 months of staying in Ukraine/abroad).
- Joint research or scientific project with the aim to present the results of the research at the international seminar, workshop or the conference.
- Preparation of joint article, book, policy papers, analytical materials, case studies and other papers for the publication in the international scholarly journals.
- Projects aiming at establishing sustainable international joint and/or double degree programs with partner Catholic universities and attracting international students to study at UCU.
The projects should relate to one of the topics:
- Migration, Globalization/Regionalization, and Demographic Change
- Ethics and Technological Development
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Populism, Nationalism and Sustainable Peace
- Values-Based Education and Formation
- Social Policy, Family, and Personality Development
The selection criteria include: relation to the announced topics, clear implementation plan, budget accuracy, the potential for development
Interested UCU faculty should prepare and submit (in English):
- a) 1-2 pages description of their proposed project as it relates to the above-mentioned priorities (Application Form attached)
- b) a project budget;
- c) a letter from their chair or dean supporting the nomination;
- d) a letter of support from the counterpart(-s) from the partner Catholic institution;
- e) CV of both applicants (UCU and partner university’s academic staff)
The deadline for submitting your applications is January 19th 2020. The Competition Committee will select candidates for the grants, that will be finally considered by the UCU Rector. The public announcement of the winners will occur by February 1st 2020.
Please send these documents to the International Academic Relations Department before the deadline to: [email protected] with the topic ‘CUCP application’.
For further questions, please contact Dmytro Sherengovsky ([email protected]).